Friday, June 18, 2010

Afghanistan Day 23: Camp Eggers June 14

Today I went on a humanitarian mission to a local elementary school and gave donated school supplies to kindergartners.




They will need blankets as the weather changes in the fall- donations welcome!  :D

 
We played on the playground and I got many hugs and bossah (kisses).  These little girls were my favorites, and I theirs.  We enjoyed spending time together.  


The children belong to parents who are directly involved with conflicts and the families needed support for school/child care.  The fathers are away fighting and trying to support Americans in the missions to solve problems.  The mothers do the best they can with what they have.  They do the best they can with what they know and what is available to them. 

2 comments:

  1. I will start making blankets... just let me know where I can send them :) I love making things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will need the blankets at the end of Sept. Can u collect them/hang on to them until then? The kids are kinder age.


    :D

    ReplyDelete