Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Belgium Day 468: A Love/Hate Relationship


 Today is one of those love/hate-mostly-hate Belgian days.  I had a horrible experience at St. Ambroise hospital.  Although I arrived rather early for a test, I was misdirected by staff 5 times to the location of the test.  After an hour of running around the hospital, I finally made it to the correct location, and the nurse who was doing nothing at all refused to see me and give the test as I was 16 minutes late for my appointment time.  I explained that the check-in desk misdirected me and that I don't speak French.  She told me it's not her responsibility and that because I was late she was not obligated to see me.  She argued with me for a solid 45 minutes, then talked with her friends obviously complaining about me.  I cried.  I called for help, but there was no answer for the following 30 minutes.  I left after a total of 2.5 hours in the hospital without being seen.  I had to do several days of a special diet followed by fasting and even no water or teeth brushing and the refusal to be seen by someone who simply didn't care to do her job was horrible.  So after I got home, I took a 45 minute nap.  When I woke up I decided I needed to take some photos because the sun was suddenly out.  So here are the spring moments that helped me forgive Belgium for being ridiculous.



































































No comments:

Post a Comment