Wednesday, August 28, 2013

London Day 27: Egg cup Epic Fail

I wanted to get some fine china egg cups whilst in England, seemingly standard British items.  I went to four department stores and did not find ANY.  I asked for help, I asked for referrals to other stores.  I walked.  A LOT.  Still no egg cups.  It was like they *knew* I was coming and disposed of them all. Seriously!  What is it with England?  I ended up resorting to amazon and got a set of two for 3.50 pounds.  Sigh.  So much for my experience of English egg cup shopping.

Update:  Forgot to mention that Banana Republic doesn't stock or routinely sell jeans in England.  It's all about shirts, blouses, and sweaters.  Went to several locations trying to get an extra pair of my jeans.  It's really surreal when your favorite jeans shop doesn't sell jeans.  You win some, you lose some, and then you REALLY lose some (egg cups & jeans).  

No comments:

Post a Comment